Friday, April 04, 2008






O.k...so I might possibly be blogging a little more often because I have these two sisters, see. They might possibly nag me to post new blogs more frequently than my usual "every-six-months". Basically, my sisters have entered Blog World and one of them in particular, is becoming slowly addicted to it. She said to me yesterday, "You really need to update your blog, cat" (just a funny little name she uses--not sure where she came up with it). Then, she asks me if I've seen hers recently because there's some really "cute" stuff on it, including a video clip of her adorably smiley, bow-headed baby. Whoa--video clip? This blog thing has kicked up to a whole new level. My other sister even has a photo slide show on hers! O.k...so am I the only one living on the outer edge of technology? I'll just go ahead and answer that--YEP. So, I really haven't learned to use this thing (taken the time to learn, more like). So, I am sorry if your neck is cramping from looking at my horizontal photos that should be vertical.
Enough rambling. An explanation is in order for the photos. I don't know what it is but Avery is inevitably attracted to mud, dirt, water, paint, anything that could potentially be messy. Sometimes, I scold her because she isn't the one doing the laundry and the mopping. But, usually, I find it very amusing. I love seeing her have a good time. Anyway, we had a few nice days a month or so ago and we were out in the yard (AHHHH! The mowing season is almost upon us--it's practically at our door! Anyone want to swap yards? Didn't think so). I decided to wash our nasty van because it was....well...nasty. Avery saw bubbly soapy messy water and had a grand time splashing her hands around in it (not to mention flapping bubbles all around in the typical Avery fashion). Colby soon followed (of course). It was great fun watching them.
I also have here Carter at his latest Pinewood Derby. He was so excited about his "skateboard" car. He's had this idea since last year. The Cubmaster in our ward is very handy with wood and tools and such and offered to help Carter out. He had a great time. Jay constructed a "guy" out of that fishing lead weight stuff and it was complete. We were five minutes late to the derby and his car had already raced once...and lost. By the end of the first round, his skateboard was eliminated. Carter was pretty sad (maybe you can tell by his face in the photo). But, when it was all over, he and some of the boys were fooling around racing the cars again on the track. Jay bent the lead guy all the way back so that the weight was more on the back of the car and it started beating everybody! Carter was thrilled. His idea was a success after all. Jay thinks next year for Carter's last Pinewood Derby, he should do a Snickers Bar Car or something. Sweet.
We gave a couple Easter photos, too. Our egg dying kit came with a brown tablet, which the kids all thought was so weird, hence Maia holding a brown Easter egg. Looks revolting, if you ask me. But, eggs are just plain nauseating anyway, unless they're mixed up in a tasty cake or a creme brulee (which I tried for the first time on Easter--my mom (MY mom) was in town for the holiday and whipped it up all nice and tasty like, although we did have a little trouble with the torch). And what's Easter without a chocolate bunny smeared all over the place? Colby really enjoyed mutilating his bunny ("Es yummy," he solemnly said). Sorry the photo is so blurry, but you get the drift.
Two days after Easter, our sweet little Maia Jean turned five. I can't believe how fast time flies! The photo shows her holding her "flower" birthday cake (at her five-year-old check-up, the doctor asked her about her cake. She said it was a flower cake, and he asked, "Was is made with flour or did it have flowers on it?" She just looked at him funny. Oh, and she had three shots and all she did was laugh. The nurse must have thought she was a few crayons short of a box.) Anyway, her party was fun. She had a few of her little girl friends over and they had a egg hunt in the yard and played and ate, etc. Also, I didn't have to plan any games this year (frankly, I'm a little burned out--I thought I would've recovered from all of our "holiday season" birthdays by now, but...no).
I think I got it all. How was that, my sisters? Satisfy your blog tooth? At least for today. I want you to know that Colby and Maia are watching "Elmo's World"--I used up valuable time to type this post. I could've been cleaning or something. Ugh.
Once I figure out the video thing, maybe (notice I said "maybe") I'll try to catch Colby saying a prayer. It is very entertaining, as is everything he does. Hope you are all doing well. "BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!" Oh, gotta go--my bus is here.

4 comments:

Nate and Jenny said...

You nailed that one! Nice post, sista! I had so much fun getting the update on those cute little kiddos. I love the pictures. They all perfectly describe each kid and their cute little ways. I must agree with you on the brown egg dye...wierd. Keep the pictures coming. Oh, and nice job on the thank you note for Maia. What an amazing mom you are! Love ya!

klenaek said...

Hey! Good to here from you! I love this blogging thing, checkin' up on everyone. :-) We are doing ok. Getting use to Texas, just glad we were finally able to buy a house. Our family is a little to big for apartment living. :-) We have been very blessed, even if it is sad being so far from family and the weather leaves much to be desired. :-) Hope all is well. Talk to you soon. Love.
P.S. You knew the crofts right? Natalie found me on blogger. She is here in Texas, right close to me! I think you were friends with here sister. Anyway, if you want to check it out, they are listed as Joyner family on my blog. :-)

allison said...

Hilary, your kids are so big! i havent seen you forver. how are you?

Heather said...

Wow, MY sista! You weren't kiddin' when you said you were gonna update us! Dang, but a good dang, cuz it was good to get the run down! Yeah, I'm coming in 8 days with my boys and we can take some more good bloggin' pictures together and I can even show you how to rotate your pictures! It took me a sec to figure it out too! You're doing great! You never cease to amaze me at all the things you do with your husband and 4 kids! You inspire me to do better! You work it, girl! Beep, Beep... Catch ya' later! Love u!