Saturday, April 19, 2008





Hi. O.k. so I need a little help (some may argue I need a lot of help). What day is it today? I am pretty sure it is presently April 19th. At least, when I went to bed two night ago, it was April 17th. But, then this freaky thing happened. White stuff started falling from the sky. You know, it looked a lot like snow. How could that be? I mean we just had spring break LAST WEEK. I thought I was completely losing it, but...LOOK! Up above! At my photos! I have witnesses! Granted the witnesses happen to be related to me...and it is in their best interests to make their mom look SANE. This is no joke. See the ruler! Sticking out of the snow on our railing! Almost 9 inches! As I walked to the end of the driveway yesterday to get the kids from the bus, it was snowing...and the birds were "tweet-tweet-tweeting" in the trees and an actual bee buzzed past my face. Aren't you guys supposed to be hibernating somewhere? I think this change in weather surprised nature as much as it did me. O.k. now, see the photo of Jay and the girls by our mailbox (reason for photo: we had to raise our mailbox. It was too hard for the lazy mail person to reach down and open the box. Pretty shoddy job, but at least the mail person is happy)? That picture was taken EXACTLY ONE WEEK AGO. Yep. It was 75 degrees last Saturday. We worked in the yard and went to the park. Now, notice the photo of Avery in front of the mailbox. I took that picture an hour ago. I don't know whether to get out the Christmas music or weed the flower beds (oh, wait--the flower beds are covered in SNOW). Not to mention our hot chocolate supply is almost gone. But...although this whole weather thing is rather anti-climatic, the kids have sure loved it. We played in the snow this morning and had a great time. Our last winter fling...in spring. What in tarnation? That's all I gotta say. Oh, and one other thing--Merry Christmas/May Day.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Okay, so you really weren't lying! I'm starting to get a little scared! No, just playin! We are so excited to come and see you guys in 3 days, even if it is a tad bit freakish that you are still getting snow! Who cares if its flippin cold! At least I get to see my sister! Yahoo! I can't wait! Love you! PS... We might just have to borrow some warm clothes, since we aren't equipped for that kind of weather. Yah, it's in the 90's here!

Nate and Jenny said...

Nice job bloggin', sista. Those pictures are great. I can't believe you got 9 inches of snow...crazy! I know you guys always have fun in the snow, so I guess you can look at it as a treat. Have fun with Heather when she comes to visit. You guys stink! I wish I could come too. :( Love ya!

Tara said...

your kids are so darling...they are little Jay & Hilarys! can't believe you guys have snow...wish we had some...it's starting to warm up and get muggy!! ugh...I hate Texas summers!